Wednesday 4 October 2017

A NBUS Christmas

This card has been a LOT OF FUN!!!

There are a lot of NBUS items on this card (Never Before Used Stash). It was great fun finding all these  papers, stamps, and other elements, in my craft room. I am taking this card over to the 12th NBUS Challenge at Darnell's Blog djkardkreations. Darnell has a fabulous challenge with over a dozen prizes.


The first NBUS is the card base and envelope which are from a Hunky Dory 6x6 square easel card set.  I paid one dollar for 4 cards and envelopes still in their package, at the September 13th  papercraft garage sale.

Second NBUS is the three Design Papers. They are all from the Tim Holtz, Idea-ology Yuletide Paper Stash. The red snowflake border is K&Co, from my stash.

Third NBUS is the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous, Mini Holidays CMS 177 stamp. The Horse Drawn Sleigh stamp and the Christmas Greetings stamp are both from this set. The sentiment is stamped onto an edged diecut that came with the Yuletide paper pack mentioned above.


Fourth NBUS is the Darkroom Door trees stamp. I used my Misti for all the stamping as I find that I do not get even coverage from these silhouette type stamps, without it. Even with the Misti, it took three stampings to get them even! I used two shades of Momento green ink and sort of swirled them onto the tree stamp. It gave a mottled green look that I was quite happy with.

I used a snippet of another K&Co border, to anchor the sentiment die. I pop dotted it to help hold the easel card open.

Fifth NBUS is the rusty/copper coloured mini diamond bling. I popped them on the stars in the top piece of DP and also onto the fabric snowflakes I used on the snowy hills. The hills are just snippets of Bazzill ivory heavy card, cut by hand into hills, pop dotted together and Nouvo drops painted onto the edges. Nouvo drops were also dotted onto the trees. A few more brush strokes of Nouvo drops around the tree bases as well as under the sleigh and horses, helped to ground them all. I think they are NBUS as well...but since I am not sure, I will not list them as such!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. 12th  NBUS Challenge.at djkardkreations - must use at least one NBUS item

.

30 comments:

Carol H. said...

Love your silhouette sleigh and horses with the snowy hills! Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

Great easel card, love the papers and the silhouette :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, such fabulous scene you have created!!! Very inspiring card, so beautiful inside and outside!!

dutchess said...

Love it Maureen....and like you so much unused stash to find and use....great card xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this gorgeous card Maureen, well done for using so many NBUS things on this one.

Sue xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning easel card. I love finding stuff that I have forgotten about. If I am truthful I never need to buy anything apart from glue again. But that just isn't going to happen. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Mo xoxo

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a brilliant card and such a great scene too.
My you have used such a lot of wonderful Nbus items on this delightful creation.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a pretty Christmas card design. I love the horse drawn sleigh on it.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there, what a charming card, Mo, I love the image and the pretty papers, brilliant easel design too, Kate x

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, such a fabulous winter scene and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jean said...

Lovely card Mo, I like the papers you used and the great stamps that you've made the winter scene with.
Jean x

Darnell said...

I think you top the list of the most used NBUS in one card, Mo! And what an amazing card it is, too!! Whoever gets this Christmas card will save it and bring it out every year as a table or mantle decoration!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

Helen F. said...

Beautiful winter scene! Love the silhouette and all the NBUS you were able to use here, Mo!

Linby said...

It's a beautiful scene, I really like this one.

Greta said...

Love the horse drawn carriage & you've used it for a gorgeous card, Maureen!

Cara said...

Just gorgeous x

Pia S said...

All those unused treasures in your stash, so glad they were put to good use and made up this lovely traditional feel Christmas card.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a gorgeous delightful scene hun, luv Sam x

Henry said...

Very nice Christmas card!!! I really like the very nice images and colors. Beautiful scene:)
Henry

Sue - said...

Beautiful card and well done on using so much NBUS too.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Fun Christmas card and it comes with the satisfaction of using all those NBUS items! Great job!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, the scene is gorgeous and some lovely papers too.

Kath x

Liz said...

Super card, Maureen, I somehow missed this when you posted it. I love the scene you've created. xx

brenda said...

Always love an easel card Mo and such a pretty one here. Apols I've been so long missing, lots of medical action and then a holiday and still not back into the swing of things.

B x

Sandra H said...

This is so lovely x

Barb said...

A really beautiful Easel card Maureen. I love your snowy banks in front of that pretty scene. Barbxx

Greta said...

Thought I'd left a comment on this card, Maureen, but it isn't here. I absolutely adore this card--love the scene & the papers! I have a similar stamp, very old, that I may not have ever used, but now I'm going to dig it out & make something!

Tina Z. said...

wow, amazing scene, I love it.